Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Through the Sensual Arts, we live, learn and grow... pt 1

I have been a sensual artist by nature my entire life and by training & trade for the past 4 years.

A sensual artist is someone who boldly interfaces with life through the senses and is able to create "sense"-ually evocative experiences for others by utilizing a finely honed ability to stimulate another's physical and energetic bodies. The Sensual Arts are as much an art form as they are an intuitive sixth sense. One is often born with the gift and training helps the gift be developed.

Often the Sensual Arts take the form of sensual massage, Tantric Ritual, and other sacred, sensual ceremonies. Sensual Arts can also take the form of role playing, BDSM, and other forms of kink and fetish.

What I appreciate most about the Sensual Arts is the sensual laboratory they provide. Inside this laboratory I use a wide array of tools to tantalize my client. I use oils, potions, scents, candles, music, feathers, fans, scented pillows, singing bowls, tingshas, misters, diffusers, ... I can also use visuals, costumes, crops, paddles, clamps, all of these tools stimulate life up and down...with rhythm and inspiration. These tools rejuvenate, venerate, revive, revitalize... My clients often arrive weak and weary from a stressful world and leave re-juiced, re-newed, and re-animated. Through the Sensual Arts, I remember and remind others how to LIVE --- thoroughly enjoying the ways that our bodies that take in sensory stimulation and produce pleasure, bliss, ecstasy in our lives.

Another amazing aspect of the Sensual Arts is the opportunity to LEARN about ones body. The body responds in so many ways to so many kinds of stimulation. The body is a vehicle to swirl, swing, and sway. The body absorbs more pleasure, experience, insight when it is relaxed. The Sensual Arts provide this relaxation... reminding the Spirit that it's safe... and enjoyable... to be in a body. There is much to learn in the body. There is much to experience. There is much to experiment. The body has limits that must be discovered. How much can we take in? How well are we receiving? The body always tells. The Sensual Arts magnify this revelation.

And finally, through the Sensual Arts I GROW. I grow and expand my ability to receive, to give, to top, to bottom, to lead, to follow... The Sensual Arts are a dance of bodily responses and energetic exchanges. I grow into my boundaries. I grow into my desires. I grow into my communication. I grow into my relationships. And I return to my Wholeness.

Through the Sensual Arts, I am welcomed back HOME.